Sunday 7 December 2014

HEED THIS ADVICE BEFORE AIR DISASTER STRIKES

Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't want anything to happen to you or anyone in particular. The reason for writing this one is to pre-warn everyone - especially those who fly most of the time.

I was just (or you can say) inspired to write this one when I  recently came across a feature in National Geographic. The particular feature is the miracle landing that had happened in the Hudson river (USA)  back in 2009.
For the most part, it was a scary, fearful and terrifying experience - I wish and pray none of us will go through any of it, even though, thank God, they have a very experienced pilot and survived the disaster.
Watching the whole experience and passengers reliving their experiences made me realize that this particular story is worth sharing.
Particularly worth sharing because the experiences of each and everyone of those who were on the plane teach you some very good advice worth taking.

DO NOT PANIC - I know this is easy to say and write than done but panicking will not really help, to say the least this will do more harm than good. In one of the stories, there is one woman who was just shouting and panicking without even thinking or listening no matter how people try to calm her down. I guess in fairness to her, she was worried about her child. If I was her I could be the same. Her husband and her daughter were also far seated from her which made the panicking and worrying even worst.

LISTEN AND WATCH the safety features and the emergency advice before the plane takes off -  you will learn where to find the life vest, how to use it (if you have to) and be able to take care of yourself or your child (if you are traveling with them). Even I myself had watched it countless times, I make sure I spend those five minutes watching it just to be re-orientated.

Check out this blog for interesting in-flight briefing.

And lastly, SAY A SHORT PRAYER OF SAFETY - I wouldn't have to say anything more. Reciting a short prayer will definitely keep you safe - promise!



No comments:

Post a Comment