Saturday 6 November 2021

UNLOCKING 10 DOORS (CITIES) USING THE "ANYWHERE" KEY: Do you know where you want to go?

 

photo credit to Netflix and Locke & Key fandom

I recently got hooked watching a Netflix adaptation of the book: Locke & Key. Truth be told, I watched it after listening to Emilia Jones singing "Both Sides Now" in another promo movie in which she's one of the lead stars (the movie name is called CODA which was released in 2021).

Nevertheless, the TV series was worth watching.

Locke & Key is a supernatural and drama series that aired its first season in 2020. The second season was just introduced about a few weeks ago. The first episode showed the three siblings moving in with their mother to an old town where their murdered father was born. Much to their unabated surprise, the "keys" starts to magically appear (hearing whispers that leads them to the magical keys) and each one possesses some magical powers to unlock - good and bad ones.

Enter the "ANYWHERE" key - the first key to be introduced in the first episode. Plausibly one of the most powerful key in the show. When it is unlocked or inserted into a door, that door can open to any place, anywhere in the world one would like.  

And here we are, imagining what if I have the "Anywhere" key in our hands right now? 

Where would I go? And where would you go? 


Which country or cities do you want to visit? And for that matter who will you bring with you? 

Here's me unlocking my ten (10) doors and the person I will bring...let the magic begins!


(1) PARIS - the city of love and lights. No matter how many times I've been there, I couldn't get enough. And this time, I will drag the love-of-my-life (ohhh so cheesy and mushy). He will probably hate the walking and the touristy stuff...but hey...a side trip to Versailles wouldn't also hurt. 

(2) RUSSIA - encompassing more than 1/8 of Earth's inhabited land area and very intriguing and historical place. Moscow, the Kremlin, St. Petersburg...arrggghhh...definitely something my precious one wouldn't want to miss. In one of his bucket list, definitely the one mom to fill.

(3) JERUSALEM - the city of Israel. The religious and historical epicenter of the world. We should know the back story even if we heard it a thousand times. Possibly a treat for my favourite sister..heart pounding and bank account shaking... 

(5) SPAIN - Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Santiago de Compostela - ohh the places I want to go. Opening this door, I will carry along my best friend. She and I had been planning to travel to this country since forevah! It will happen for sure. In time. The Spanish blood running in our veins will just keep us wanting.

(6) UNITED KINGDOM - I've been to a few cities ages ago so I don't mind going back. I always felt at home, being queen and all...haha...could use some chaperone with my two nieces - hoping smiley faces would lit when they read this. A side trip to (7) IRELAND would complete the trip - Belfast, Dublin, Derry -->  Game of Thrones tour! Planning this since last year. And to maximise the visa expenses, (8) SCOTLAND - Edinburgh in particular. Castles, druids, loads of history (talk about the Jacobite army) and stunning old and modern towns.

(9) SWITZERLAND - Geneva, Zurich, Basel, Bern - again the list of cities could be endless. And there's possibly a lot of distant and unexplored places that have yet to reveal itself. Nonetheless, I will bring my proven and tested travel buddy (you know who you are). She's been there and she will hate me if I asked for it. But those two itchy feet will not hesitate. Kisses...

(10) PRAGUE, BUDAPEST - In Czech Republic and Hungary - kill me now and let me go! Endearing friend in number 9, do you want to come still? She will probably say "nope, been there quite a few times...how about Slovenia?" Are you kidding me? Of course, you can drag me. 😂  

These 10 amazing cities will surely not be enough for me (just imagine 2 years of zero travel) to pass on the "anywhere" key. 

But I could be generous and hand it over to someone else. 

If I choose and hand it over to you, where would you go? 

This key is yours for the taking. Imaginative and hypothetical it may be, start listing those travel dreams. It could happen. 

Promise, mark me, it will.

Stay safe, travel queens...

 



No comments:

Post a Comment