Monday 2 December 2013

New Travel App: PASAHERO By ABS-CBN Corporation

PasaHero Passenger Safety App
I was watching Kris TV this morning and one of their hot topics caught my attention. It was about PasaHero, a passenger safety app developed by ABS-CBN Corporation. It was a topic worth looking into as more and more news about dangerous incidents happening to passengers of taxicabs, especially, are being written and shared in social media nowadays.

This app is described as a mobile app which aims to safeguard the user (passenger) by broadcasting trip details to social media and through the panic button, sending emergency notifications and location to the user's trusted circle and to relevant agencies for assistance. For now, it is compatible with the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5 and it requires iOS 6.0 or later.

I hope that they make this available for android phones as well in the very near future. 

There is also another limitation to this app as pointed out by Ms. Kris Aquino. She mentioned that your emergency contacts need to have mobile phones or devices, too. 


With the app's limitations, I still downloaded it in my device as it is wise to have something for emergencies than nothing at all. I just pray and cross my fingers that I would
never use the panic button ever!

How about you? Are you going to download this app if you haven't yet? Have you experienced using it? Tell us about your experience using this app in the comments below.



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete